ERROR: Variable is undefined: 'Session'
When trying to login to RMTrack you recieve the following unexpected error:
Page URL: /RMT/Assignments/MyAssignments.asp
Microsoft VBScript runtime
Error number: 500
Error message: Variable is undefined: 'Session'
ASP page: /RMT/Assignments/MyAssignments.asp, line 176
Session state is not enabled on the RMTrack virtual directory.
To resolve this problem you must enable session state using the Internet Information Services Manager:
Start IIS Manager
- Under Windows 2000: Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Services Manager
- Under Windows 2003: Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Locate the RMTrack virtual directory. By default this is located in the Default Website and is named RMT.
- Display the virtual directory’s properties by right-clicking and selecting the Properties choice.
- On the "Home Directory" tab ("Directory" under Windows 2003) click the "Configuration..." button near the bottom right of the dialog
- Switch to the "Options" tab of the Application Configuration dialog.
- Check the "Enable Session State" checkbox
- Click OK to close the Application Configuration dialog.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog.
- Start a command prompt
- Enter the following command: IISReset
Corrected in v2.3.1. Session state is explicitly enabled by the installer.
RMTrack Issue Tracking – all versions prior to v2.3.1