ERROR: Clicking "Start Page" link in Readme.htm returns a Page Not Found error
After you install RMTrack the README.HTM page is displayed but when you click on the "Start Page" link the following browser error message is displayed:
"Page not found" page (HTTP 404 – File not found).
IISLockdown has been run on your server and has disabled ASP pages. Any request for a file ending in .ASP or .ASA will be rejected with the standard HTTP 404 error (file not found).
To resolve this problem you must change the UrlScan configuration to allow .ASP/.ASA files, and to allow the POST verb and then change the IIS configuration to map .ASP/.ASA requests to ASP.DLL.
- Use notepad to edit the urlscan.ini file in the %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\urlscan directory
- Locate the [AllowVerbs] section and ensure that GET, HEAD, and POST are listed
- Locate the [DenyVerybs] section and ensure that GET, HEAD, and POST are not listed
- Locate the [AllowExtensions] section and ensure that .asp and .asa are present and not commented out
- Locate the [DenyExtensions] section and ensure that .asp and .asa are not present or present but commented out
- Start IIS Manager
- Under Windows 2000: Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Services Manager
- Under Windows 2003: Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Locate the RMTrack virtual directory. By default this is located in the Default Website and is named RMT.
- Display the virtual directory’s properties by right-clicking and selecting the Properties choice.
- On the "Home Directory" tab ("Directory" under Windows 2003) click the "Configuration..." button near the bottom right of the dialog
- On the "App Mappings" tab ("Mappings" under Windows 2003) add the following entries:
- For .ASP files: Executable: %SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll (please fill in %SystemRoot% with the actual value, eg. c:\winnt)Extension: .asp Verbs: Limit to: GET, HEAD, POST Check the "Script Engine" check box Clear the "Check that file exists" check box
- For .ASA files Executable: SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll (please fill in %SystemRoot% with the actual value, eg. c:\winnt)Extension: .asaVerbs: Limit to: GET,HEAD,POSTCheck the "Script Engine" check boxClear the "Check that file exists" check box
- Restart IIS
For more information about IISLockdown please see the following:
- http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/locktool.mspx IIS Lockdown Tool
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317052 How To Undo Changes Made by the IIS Lockdown Wizard
For more information about URLScan please see the following:
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/urlscan/ URLScan Security Tool version 2.0
RMTrack has confirmed this behavior is by design.
RMTrack Issue Tracking – all versions